Weatherizing and using an efficient heat pump system can make your home cozy in no time. You’ll reduce your energy bills and your carbon footprint, all while telling old man winter to take a hike.
The cold shouldn’t bother you—weatherization is the ultimate winter life hack! Buttoning up your home means that no matter the weather, you’ll feel like the smartest one in the room. Air sealing and insulation gets your home in shape for efficient heating options like heat pumps.
How do I know if I need to Button Up?
If your home is losing heat, it’s likely you’re experiencing one or more of these common problems:
Drafts. If cool air leaks in while your heat is on, you can be sure that energy is being wasted.
Mold. Lack of insulation can cause moisture to rise and get trapped in the attic.
Snow melt. Snow melting in some areas of your roof and not others can indicate that your attic is not properly sealed and insulated.
Icicles. They may look pretty but icicles often indicate that heat is escaping through your roof.
What does outsmarting winter look like?
- Attend an event to learn about buttoning up
- Sign up for a Virtual Home Energy Visit with an energy expert at Efficiency Vermont
- Complete DIY projects to stop drafts
- Find a qualified contractor through Efficiency Vermont’s Efficiency Excellence Network
- Get started on a comprehensive weatherization project to air seal and insulate your home
- Install an efficient heat pump system to save on fossil fuel