We will have speakers from Efficiency Vermont, Champlain Valley Office of Economic Development (CVOEO), and Drive Electric Vermont. We will have tables form local energy efficiency companies and solar installers so you can get all your questions answered in one place.
- Learn about CVOEO's income-eligible free weatherization program, that will help you save money on your electric and heating bills.
- Hear from experts on electric vehicles, see electric and plug-in hybrid cars on display (including from your neighbors) and see for yourself how electric/ plug-in hybrids could work for you.
- In the Button Up workshop, the Energy Committee will have the opportunity to offer up to 500 FREE Home Energy Visits that are being performed by Efficiency Vermont’s own Energy Consultant team.
- In the Efficiency Vermont presentation you will get some practical, hands-on guidance on how you can reduce heating and cooling costs in your home through do-it-yourself measures. Learn about financial incentives available for DIYers. You’ll get some practical, hands-on guidance on how you can reduce heating and cooling costs in your home through do-it-yourself measures about how homes lose heat, air sealing and insulation, including weather stripping your doors and windows, sealing the air leaks in your basement and attic, and installing interior storm windows.
- Beyond Heating with Cord Wood: Wood pellet boilers have emerged as a promising technology for Vermont – with all the conveniences of other home heating systems. This workshop will cover how modern wood heating works, the relative cost and savings compared to other fuel sources and systems, and financial incentives available.
- Heat Pump Workshop: Cold climate heat pumps have rapidly emerged as a promising technology for Vermont. Come to this informal workshop to learn about heat pump options for both hot water and space heating to see if they make sense for your home. This workshop will cover the latest in heat pump technology, the relative economics of using heat pumps versus other fuel sources, successful case studies, and financial and technical resources.